Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Moroccan Stew! YUMMERS


I found this recipe on the Smitten Kitchen blog and knew right away I had to make it. The writer mentions that she first had Moroccan stew at Chez Omar in Paris, and when I read that I was all "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO! I ate at Chez Omar in Paris too!" (well I said that in my head anyway).


So, it was Moroccan Stew for dinner the other night and it turned out nicely. We added some carrots to the recipe, thinking you can really never get enough orange in a butternut squash stew. The problem was, I was too cheap-o to buy saffron and couldn't for the life of me find any preserved lemons. The flavors came out a little bland, although they it was much better the next day. So, if you decide to make this recipe, spring for the special ingredients. I think it would make it much, much better.

Also, as an added bonus, you get to make couscous, which is pretty much the most fun grain to cook. It fluffs up so quickly! Like magic!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment